Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Gloomy Sunday

Billie HolidayCover of Billie HolidayThe song Gloomy Sunday that the original title Szomorú Vasárnap or in Indonesian language is The Dark Sunday. created in 1933 and is the work of an autodidact composer and pianist from Budapest, Hungary, named Rezső Seress. This song is famous as a song accompanist death at that time, because many have become victims of suicide because as if hypnotized after hearing the song. Seress Rezső the creators also died from suicide in 1968.


Seress Rezső reported suicides in 1968 on Sunday with a leap from the window of the apartment where he lived. It is said, Rezső Seress committed suicide upon realizing that after Gloomy Sunday explode so his first hit in various countries, he thought that he would never again be able to create a hit like that for a second time. So he intends to end his life. Are there other reasons behind his death ...? Who knows ....?



This song has been translated into several languages ​​such as English, French, Finnish, and Spanish, and was released in 7 versions by 56 different singers including versions of Heather Nova, Bjork, Ray Charles, Sarah Brightman and Sinead O'Connor, Billie version Holliday was the one who made ​​this song is very famous and ultimately became the standard version of the interpretation of Gloomy Sunday, the lyrics are below.


Sunday is gloomy,

My hours are slumberless

Dearest the shadows

I live with are numberless

Little white flowers

Will never awaken you

Not where the black coaches

Sorrow has taken you

Angels have no thoughts

Of ever returning you

Wouldn’t they be angry
If I thought of joining you?


Gloomy sunday

Gloomy is sunday

With shadows I spend it all

My heart and I have decided

To end it all

Soon there’ll be candles and prayers

That are said I know

But let them not weep

Let them know

That I’m glad to go

Death is no dream

For in death I’m caressi’n you

With the last breath of my soul
I’ll be blessin’ you



Gloomy sunday

Dreaming

I was only dreaming

I wake and I find you asleep

In the deep of my heart here

Darling I hope

That my dream never haunted you

My heart is tellin’ you

How much I wanted you
Gloomy sunday

(“Gloomy Sunday” performed by Billie Holliday)


Taken from reza666 fb note.

Related Post




Facebook Comments